My first “puffy” coat-
- was purchased for $35 at Monk’s in Williamsburg around the time it was getting too cold to put off buying my first ever winter coat.
- was in no way a fashion statement, but allowed me to experience Northern winters in a civilized, rational way.
- was my shield on long, lonely and very necessary walks through the gloom of Winter 2013.
- allowed me to enjoy my first snowshoe outing at Mohonk Mountain House (a sparkling day).
- cushioned me at the ice skating rink.
- paired well with woolen sweaters and a down vest for extra cold days (not cause it looked great, but it did the warmth trick).
- became a sort of blanket for my Christmas Day beach visits (yes, this Floridian goes to the beach every Christmas Day possible, and a coat like this makes it possible).
- also made it possible to bike through a few winters (not sure what I was trying to prove).
- five NYC winters later, will be fondly and appreciatively remembered.
- the next winter coat, TBD